New pictures

A

anne-marie

Heres some photos of my crowded tank, before I farmed three out to my new one.

34506.jpg

In this one, Tonantzin, my big white axy is probably starting to regret motherhood. (sorry, it's a bit grainy)

34507.jpg

Still on babysitting duties, here. You can just see my wildtype, Nahuatl, in the background left.
Funny how Quetzal never seems to be around for fathering duties, ain't it?

34508.jpg

This is a small section of my new tank set-up. Gleek is pictured. Wonder Twins were asleep.

34509.jpg

And, just because Claire posted pics of her dog, here's two of my dog, Tanner - cause he's cute.

34510.gif

34511.jpg

aww bless them all! that last pic of tanner is sooo cute!what breed is he?pit bull? pit bull cross? we dont have pit bulls in england i dont think...well none that ive seen.lol.

He's a Tanner Breed! I think hes a bull terrier - staffordshire terrier cross, or so they told me.
I adopted him from the RSPCA when I was a volunteer there. He was found wandering and no-body claimed him.
sad.gif
. Good for me though, he's a lovely dog
animal.gif

awww cute.i do work experience at some stray kennels and i always want to take a dog home but im never allowed!haha!but i have fun trying to pursuade my mam!

Look at their faces
happy.gif
that's my #1 thing about Axolotls, is their cute faces. They always look like they are smiling or have funny little expressions it would seem. They are so gentle. they're so corky and sweet. I just love them the little cuties
love.gif

oh thats a lovely tank set up!! How do you keep the substrate so WHITE????

It was new substrate! Now I have a 4ft tank with black and white substrate so any icky marks wont show up so much. I hope. Ane they've got lots more room to move .

lol As lovely as it is I think I'm happy with my pieces of slate, rainbow rock and basically bare bottom. Much easier for me to keep clean. I think I'd like more hardy plants though... the fakes are great but they are so obviously fake...

Sharon, have you tried silk plants? I like the look/feel of silk over the plastic. Unless you're up really close, most of the time you cant tell the difference between real and silk.

most of mine are silk.. nah there is something in the way they move... that suggests "life" when something is swimming through it... I haven't had a fully planted tank in a long time... lol think I'd better stick to fakes... tired of the lights and cords... rotfl.. keeping the plants alive in the viv is PITA enough..

Lol, I know! I just gave all my live plants to my boyfriend. He has algae problems, and a warmer tank, so I figure the swords will do better with him anyway. I keep pothos in my terrestrial tanks, but don't bother with anything (except for a newly acquired mossball) in my aquatic tanks.

Hay annie whats that big leafed plant in your tank

Its called an anubia and its a low light plant so you don't need to have special lighting. One other thing - please, please don't call me Annie
nono.gif
. Anne I can handle, Anne-marie is even better but Annie???
nono.gif
. Sorry, had to get that off my chest. Of course the drawback is that if anyone wants to annoy me, now they know how.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back