Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Extended family

A

anne-marie

Hey, look what I found! Old photos taken a few months ago of my babies. I thought I'd take a photo while they were in a group crate as their usual crates were being cleaned.

Also there are two photos of my new, improved 200% bigger family. Quetzal, the father of all the little ones is the large browney/yellow guy and Tonantzin is the large white axolotl who is also mum.

New additions are Nahuatl, the dark brown axy, two yellow axies called the Wonder Twins and Gleek, a smaller white axy. I need more room!
34028.jpg
34029.jpg
34030.jpg

S

sharn

woah thats a whole lot of babies! id like mine to breed but i dont want THAT much to live haha, more like ten or something. nice tank and lovely coloured wildtype. i like the creamy coloured ones

A

anne-marie

Sharn, I should have posted this first but what you see in that top picture is only half of what I had!!

I would just like to say it was very time consuming and not easy. For all those who are desperately waiting for their axies to breed, I say how do you feel about being a full time parent - it's almost that hard. At least three/four hours a day - lucky I'm a student, hehe.

But I'm glad I did, and I do feel sad when I have to sell em
sad.gif

C

cynthia

Anne-Marie great pictures! Very nice looking batch of larvae. They look well taken care of.

R

rheann

I really like your babies! I was wondering if you were ready to sell them and if you would feel they would be safe being shipped across states and what your price is? My name Is Rheann. Please email me back when you get a chance. I recently had a mudpuppy that died, bless him. i found him in a pet store, cruel people took him from the wild and shipped him there! made me so sad. he didn't look too well. I took him home hoping i could help him, but he died shortly after, made me cry for the longest time. If you're interested in selling me one, I really like Lucistic and black ones, preferibly male. Please let me know. thank you so very much! I just love aquatic nature! Bless it email me at ruga_lapis_valcre@yahoo.com

A

anne-marie

Hey, Rheann, I've sent you a message thru email. Goodonya.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1