Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My Dragoon II (new axie from this monday)

V

vanessa

Here's two pics of my cutie!!
He wouldn't even stay still when my dad tried to take a picture of him!! He's pretty active all day long except at 5-6 in the morning!
+++ jpeg +++ 30661 +++ Dragoon II +++

(Message edited by Dragoon on February 10, 2005)

S

sharn

wow what a pretty axie! i love the colour of it!! the second photo looks AWESOME!!! looks like his eyes are glowing. wish i could find one that colour

K

kim

Vanessa,

Thats a very nice axie, I have one the same as him... she started off with the name cheese as she look like a bit, But I've now settled on Milkybar!

V

vanessa

I like it when he swims, he folds back his gills. Actually... I'm not too sure if it's a he... Dragoon II's already have black tips on his toe of which some people says that it's supposed to be sexually mature or something?
His eyes glowed when the camera's flash goes off.

(Message edited by Dragoon on February 11, 2005)

B

brian

The glowing eyes thing is really neat. All albino animals' eyes do that in camera flashes. I think it's a cool effect, but I know people who refuse to buy albino animals because their eyes really creep them out!

J

jarred

Great pictures Vannessa. Black toes on albino's and leucys usually indicate sexual maturity. Oh and I notice you have small gravel. Do you have problems with your axolotls swallowing it?

V

vanessa

Um... Dragoon II actually spits them out once he 'filtered' the Brine Shrimps out like a Whale with their Baleen Plates. I hope none's eaten though but he's pretty funny when the next day I got up and looked at his tank... the gravels got pushed up into a mound nearly revealing the Under Gravel filter bottom part!! I flatten them anyway.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1