New Tank Set Up.

Y

yon

<font face="arial,helvetica"><font color="0077aa">Hey all. I am new to this forum and have found it very interesting so far.
happy.gif

I have just finished my new set up for my tank. My old set up had white quartz at the bottom with a few plants and decorative rocks, however with the rocks i found it very hard to keep clean. As you can see I now have no rocks and am hoping it will stay cleaner.

I decided to have a carnival theme with lots of colours. There is a red cut up drink bottle for a hiding place. The white wheel thingo in the bottom left corner actually spins!!! So yep any suggestions to improve the set up would be great! Hope u like it, that’s if it’s not too bright.

If you have photos of your set ups can u plz post them here. cheers.
</font></font>
30455.jpg

Pretty tank Yon. Neat theme - who has more fun with it, you or the axies! How old is your axie? Thanks for the pic!

Hi Yon Welcome to the forum! Pretty set up I like the colors.

There is one thing I would do; put some sort of soft tip on the ends of the sticks that are holding the wheel. Axolotls spaz out from time to time and dart real fast and run into things. He might get damaged on those.

exactly what i was about to say
so either cover up the ends of those sticks our take them out!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back