Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotls and Tank

dot

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've posted pictures of my axolotls - Bucky, Satchel, Connor and Murphy, along with their tank.

Some of you may remember back in July/August when I first got them and how teenie Bucky and Satchel were.

Here are some updates.
happy.gif

Tank with Satchel, as she's nosey and it's nearly impossible lately to get a picture without her in it.
29146.jpg

Satchel - Female Wild-type, approx. 10 months
29147.jpg

Bucky - Female Wild-type, approx. 10 months
29148.jpg

Bucky
29149.jpg

Connor - Female Golden Albino, approx. 8 months
29150.jpg

Connor and Murphy (Male Leucistic, approx. 8 months)
29151.jpg

C

cynthia

Very nice dot! I enjoyed the Bucky close ups lol

What size is that tank? 30 gal breeder? I'm not sure I have seen one with those dimensions.

dot

Reaction score
Thanks Cynthia!

Close, it's only a 29G breeder. It seems to work really well, but I do have to clean it out more often, but I don't mind.
happy.gif

P

pamela

Dot, love your tank! Also your axies are gorgeous! Thanks for your pics. I have never seen a tank like that. Where did you acquire your tank from?

H

heather

yeah! do tell the tank is awesome, the only way i could get one of those is ordering custom tanks

dot

Reaction score
Hi and thanks --

I got the tank at the White Plains reptile expo back in August 04, from Twin Oaks (http://glasscages.com). I bought mine for $21 and I think they're the same price on the website.

As of right now, Bucky and Satchel are roughtly 8 inches, Connor (golden albino) is 6.5-7 and Murphy (leucistic) is around 6.5".

C

cynthia

Dot - 21$ is a sweet price!

That web page says the 29 gallon is
12½ x 30 x 6

Is your tank that size? Your tank looks taller than 6" and wider than 6".

That page is a great resource, they make several "wide and low" tanks. Thanks for listing it.

dot

Reaction score
Thanks Mike and Michael! Or Michaelx2 (;))

Michael - I got the golden and the leucistic from Alfred Ojeda at White Plains ... by chance are they from your stock? (I got them at the August 04 NYMRE.)

Mike - And the axolotls like you too. :D

Cynthia - Yep, the tank's that size. It looks taller maybe because I don't use a substrate? The Twin Oaks people rule and I can't recommend them enough.

K

kim

VERY nice Dot!!

Sorry I didnt reply sooner, been AWOL for a few days.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!