Toe colours

J

jay

I know that when an axie matures their toes get black tips. But is it true that Wild-types and melanoids toes get lighter as in whiter and Golden albino's, albino's and Leucistics toes go black. I know the last one is true.

yes that's true of the dark wildtypes, I can only assume same would be said for melanoids.

Our dark wildtypes all have light/white toe tips.

Maybe my guy isn't matured yet but they are pretty black as in Leucistic toe tip black

wild types just get a slighter paler tone on their toe tips, not lighter. actually, it's hard to see. safest is to breed them when they are over 20cm, otherwise the eggs will be a strain to the female

Our dark wildtypes toetips are quite noticeable, like white toenails.

I see now. They have turned or started turning white. Kapo could you or someone up load a pic of a female wild-type so i could compare it with cookie. I think it may be female. I thought it was male but i was guessing. he didn't really have a cloaca then. Now he has a little bump like a females. So pics would be great thanks

My axie is a wild type and it has white toes. It is over 20cm and most of its toes are white. Does this mean it is mature?

I would say so. That is what the others have told me. Do you know if your axie's gender?

No im not sure because I have posted a picture of it before on here but when I did that my axie was full of gravel so it made it look like a girl I am going to post another pic soon.

Can anyone please post a pic of a female wildtype so i can compare with my wildtype. i think its a girl

Has anyone got a photo of a mature gold? There's very little to refer to out on the web.

I have a mature golden but my Computer won't let me upload pic's cause it thinks there is a disk in which there isn't

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back