Yeah we survived cyclone larry

D

denise

yeah we have had no power for 3 days but luckly i put my 2 axies in a small camping fridge and froze heaps of ice cream containers of water and we have just got our power back on and my axies are great now i just have to get my chiller down to 18 degrees and they can get back in the tank

Wow it was great that that you had the foresight to freeze your water ahead of time... No power for 3 days would have been pretty terrible, did you end up with any damage, it looked pretty bad from what I have seen on the news... You've probably been completely stressed whilst your axies would have thought they were having a lovely holiday... Hope all is well there
happy.gif

I used to live in Innisfail (near Cairns) soI have lots of friends there telling me all about it. Hope you didn't get too much damage etc. Glad your axies are fine!

thank you for your concern, we did sustain alot of property damage and it was very scary cause i also have 2 horses, i was more worried about my animals than anything else though, my poor axies slept through the whole ordeal in the fridge ha ha wish i could have, but we have another cyclone on the way so i might have to leave them in the fridge

ohhhh Denise!! So good to hear!! I didnt know u had posted here, i posted something to you in the sandstone thread i created. Im glad everything is sweet for you, besides property damage
* ouch *

Glad to hear that you and your fellow banana benders didn't get hit as bad as New Orleans,I understand though it will be awhile rebuilding the banana and sugar industries.Glad the axies made it!! Good luck!

i know what you mean luke cause we have no fridge stuff when you go to the shopping centre but the bananas have already gone up in price, talk about priorities, and yes the horses were fine, every tree missed the stables and sheds ha ha, and i have finally put my axies in their tank and they are eating too, so we are finally back to normal, well sort of

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back