Poor toad

D

dane

So I was trimming the yard with a weed whacker and I was in the far back of my back yard and I noticed a toad were I had just trimmed, it was franticly jumping away. I managed to get ahold of it and I then examined it to see if I hurt the lil' guy. It looked all good from the top, then I turned it over and his leg was bleeding
cry.gif
I felt kind of depressed when I saw it, I let him go in a safe place and hoped that the little guy would heal alright
*cross fingers*

Dane I know how you feel. As part of a project I'm doing at the moment I had to trim a 60m by 60m field. All around me I could see crickets, snails, various beetle, spiders and I felt awful as I destroyed their little habitat. Can't imagine how I would feel if there had been amphibians in there as well!

yes this happens to me often....cause I live in centeral illinois i often have toads and frogs and snakes in my yard and I can never find them before I mow the lawn but after I mow the lawn I often see dead snakes...I have never seen dead frogs or toads but I often see dead snakes????...dunno why???
sick.gif

yeah, everytime I mow the lawn I keep my eyes peeled for snakes, because those are my favorite to find

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back