Bufo brongersmai - Moroccan Green Toad?

J

jenn

Hi! I just got a new toad recently. It was sold to me as a Moroccan Green Toad. I've been searching online for info regarding this particular species, but have found little. Does anyone know anything of these toads?

Or are all "common" toads the same?

I have a Southern toad that has been with me for quite a while, so am already familiar with basic toad care. I'm just interested in detailed specifics on the varied species (bufo brongersmai in particular).

Thanks so much!

Jenn (aka "Zephyr")

Hi Jenn,
Welcome to the forum.
Take a look at this site,http://bufo.de.vu/
You will find information on both B.viridis, the European green toad which is native to most of Europe, and western Morocco, also B.brongersmai, the anti-atlas toad, from Morocco.

What a wonderful website! Thanks so much! I thoroughly enjoyed reading through the breeding pages and following the developments of the toadlets.

Thanks again!

Serge bogaerts has succesfully bred this little toad for quite a few times already and even wrote an article on the subject.

Ooh, where can I find the article?
biggrin.gif

Jenn, you can download the article from PODARCIS for free after registering, but if it doesn't work you can also send me a private message and I'll make sure you will get it. It is a few months since last posted here, so..think you must have managed it by now. For any questions you can always contact me, as I am breeding Bufo brongersmai almost every year now...(however, they are easier to breed than the larger sized Bufo species

Thank you - I got a hold of the article!

Funny thing, I just learned that my brongersmai is actually a viridis! But I am a beginner, so learning, learning every day!

However, with all the reading I've already done I may still end up with b. brongersmai eventually!
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back