Albino Clawed frog

W

wyatt

i recently got one. he is in a 5 gal, an inch long, with one feeder fish. i feed him bloodworms, earthworms(from yard), and he is happy. ask anything else i missed. i have a small duetto filter i use for my eastern newts. i recently cleaned it out thoroughly and put it in with the frog. it cleared his tank up. now i cleaned it and put it back in with the newts. is this okay? i know easterns newts have toxins, but i wash it out in the sink. i don't use it much for my chinese firebelly. if i clean it out every time, is this fine?

Wyatt,

Your frog is going to outgrow your 5g tank. You'll probably need at least a 10g for it to be comfortable once it reaches adult size. It will definitely need a filter at all times, not just to clear up its water now and then. You'll also likely want something a bit more powerful than a Duetto as well as clawed frogs, if properly fed, put out large amounts of waste.

All 3 of your animals (the chinese firebelly, the frog, and the eastern newts) need their own filter, not just one filter used for each on different days.

i know he will outgrow the tank. my turtles have a 30 gallon that they will be removed from in a little while. he will get that all to himself. my chinese firebelly is in a tank that is smaller(but large enough for him), so i change the water every other day. sincethis is the last week of school for me, the turts will be moved out in about 2-3 weeks. i am going to buy another duetto then. thnx. i did research and discovered males grow to be 4 ins. rather than six. the 3o gallon will be a bit much, but he will love it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back