Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hi.

Jake

Reaction score
I live in a small town north of Chicago. I've had an obsession with amphibians since I was 4 or 5 years old.

I spend hours every day keeping up with all of my salamanders.

My colony of A.mexicanum (axolotl) has grown quite large over the past three years. I have somewhere around 300 of them currently, but I only keep 76 of them as my "permanent residents".

I also keep and breed: Triturus marmoratus, Pleurodeles waltl, Xenopus leavis (African clawed frogs...sometimes), Cynops pyrrhogaster (several subspecies).

I am attempting to start breeding colonies of Mesotriton alpestris apuanus, Triturus cristatus, Neurergus strauchii, and Triturus dobrogicus.

Abrahm

Reaction score
Wow! That's a lot of axolotls! I hope to see you and all the information you must have around the forum. :happy:

axolotlover

Reaction score
are you going to sell any of your axies?

ps. i'd love to see some pics

~~~axolotlover~~~

mantighoul

Caudata.org Donor
Reaction score
Hi Jake!

Goodluck with those Strauchii and Mesotriton alpestris apuanus. When I used to live in Italy, i would see these in the local fish stores, and were treated better than any newt in a petstore in the USA I have ever come across. Beautiful creatures. I will probably be talking to you about axolotl in the near future possibly. How is your baby with the strange eye doing?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!