This time for real

ianclick

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand-Maori
Display Name
click
So here I go again. I have a new 18 gallon tank with plants rocks and a tree stump to hide in. I haven't been able to get the right sand for the substrate as yet so am using nothing in the meantime. I have attached a photo of the new habitat and the adult axie.

I also got another baby who has moved into the old small 10 gallon tank. the new axie is a greenish yellow and is about 4 inches long. I have attached a photo of it as well but will wait for one of its rare inactive moments and see if I can get a clearer shot.

I would like to know if this is looking more like the real deal.

Thanks

Ian

Attachments

• Picture or Video 028.JPG
    Picture or Video 028.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 227
  • Picture or Video 029.JPG
    Picture or Video 029.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 256
  • Picture or Video 030.JPG
    Picture or Video 030.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 183
What a hansome little guy! ( the axolotls) ..I have also become known as the axolotl bore, I am addicted and this web site does little to help..been looking at the newts too! I am mastering my two for the moment, then aiming to get some for the school ( primary and nursery), I am spending more time there helping out with the little cherubs.

That's a lovely axie you've got there!

nice axoltl, set up looking good. but, you wont be able to put 2 axies in that tank (in my opinion, i always think thats a little small)

ever considered upgrading the tank a little?

Alex

Tu meke

Thanks for the positive comments.

The bigger axie "Hendrix" (light coloured wild type?)is in the larger tank and i'm not planning on putting another one in the Little one "Oliver"(Dark coloured wild type?) is in a smaller tank but it too will have a tank all to itself.

Cheers

Ian

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back