The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Photo & Video Gallery The place to share and discuss photos and videos of newts and salamanders.

Old 7th August 2007   #1
Otterwoman
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 58
Comments: 71
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11
Default Eddie & Elektra

It's been so long since I took pictures of my two most interactive newts.
Dare I call them my favorites?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pEE01.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	1028   Click image for larger version

Name:	pEE02.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	1029   Click image for larger version

Name:	pEE03.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	1030   Click image for larger version

Name:	pEE04.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	1031  

Otterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007   #2
Sam
(lims)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 0
Rep: lims has given good advice and informationlims has given good advice and information

and what is the latin name of these newts, are they paramesotriton of some description?

lims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007   #3
John Clare
(John)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Do these two lovelies every lay eggs? :)

Old 7th August 2007   #4
John Clare
(John)
Founder

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 204
Comments: 118
Rep: John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)John has maxed out Caudata.org's Reputation System (we are not worthy!)

Tylototriton verrucosus

Old 7th August 2007   #5
Otterwoman
Administrator

Nationality:
Rep: Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11Otterwoman goes to 11

Eddie was just born last year. Elektra is just a year older. I'm not really sure if Eddie's a boy, but when I first joined the forum, the consensus was that Elektra is a girl. That was my very first post:
http://www.caudata.org/forum/message...tml?1166140662
I'm hoping for a future love match, but I'm in no hurry, and I have my hands full of larvae as it is! I wonder if Eddie is too young to be identified? Care to venture a guess?
Anyway, here goes:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pEddie01.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	1032  

Old 7th August 2007   #6
Ian Rigg
(rigsby)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Rep: rigsby is a mainstay of Caudata.orgrigsby is a mainstay of Caudata.orgrigsby is a mainstay of Caudata.orgrigsby is a mainstay of Caudata.orgrigsby is a mainstay of Caudata.orgrigsby is a mainstay of Caudata.orgrigsby is a mainstay of Caudata.orgrigsby is a mainstay of Caudata.org

if Eddie was older i'd say its more Edwina but can't be sure..

rigsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007   #7
Otterwoman
Administrator

Nationality:

I also thought if Elektra turned out to be a boy I'd call her "Elektron." Well, whatever they turn out to be, it's not my place to judge their love...

Old 8th August 2007   #8
mantighoul
Caudata.org Donor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 2
Rep: mantighoul has given consistently good advice and informationmantighoul has given consistently good advice and informationmantighoul has given consistently good advice and information

Tylototriton verrucosus! yeah? my favourite Tylototriton!

I was unaware(or forgot) you had these. How aquatic are yours? How is dificulty or care between lets say, something like oregon newt or firebellies? I was reading a lot about them when I had the internets.

I love the last picture where they are "kissing", i hope things work out and they make you some babies, tey will have some cute children! Great pictures, they look like a fun pair.

mantighoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2007   #9
Otterwoman
Administrator

Nationality:

Mine are not aquatic at all, and I'm a bit disturbed by this, I don't want them to be stressed or live shorter that they're not. But Elektra has been offered an aquatic environment repeatedly and she doesn't want it. I think the other one is still too young.
They are the easiest to care for of all; they are constantly ravenous. They don't even take, they GRAB worms off my tongs, three times a week, and if one gets the first one, the other comes running (it is so funny to see one of them RUN!) Or if they're both near each other, I have to separate them a bit so they won't fight over the food. They are so cute. They are so responsive to me, and though I really cherish all my newts, personality-wise, these are my favorites. (The highest cuteness factor belongs to the tarichas). How are you doing, anyway??

Old 11th December 2008   #10
Otterwoman
Administrator

Nationality:
Default Like Mother, Like Daughter

Who is this amazing beauty? Is it Elektra? or is it her chubby look-alike larva baby, Helen?

and this prophetic question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Do these two lovelies ever lay eggs? :)
Yes, they will, in about a year!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Helen (2)sm.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	4954   Click image for larger version

Name:	Helen (1)sm.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	4955   Click image for larger version

Name:	Helen (3)sm.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	4956   Click image for larger version

Name:	Helensm.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	4957  

Old 12th December 2008   #11
Erin
(slowfoot)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 23
Rep: slowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgslowfoot is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Eddie & Elektra

What a cutie! She has such attractive red feet, and I love her little gill nubs

slowfoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eddie, elektra