Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Caudata.org Blog

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I finally got sick of waiting for vBulletin.com to finish their blog software and so I've made this:
http://johnblog.caudata.org
Why? Have a read and find out.

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
Had a look ..but I still have no idea what this blogging thing is!...but will keep looking to find out , Photo looked like what my family and I ware doing along the north wales coast last week!!

Abrahm

Reaction score
Blogging is the verb form of the word blog which was created by the synthesis of web and log. The content and purpose of blogs runs the gamut between news sources, online personal journals, political diatribes and everything in between. They are interesting in that the owner can easily post different stories or articles and these can be garnished by adding comments. It's rather like a forum where only one person can make original posts and everyone else can make comments.

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for that imfo..I now think its a briliant idea then..now off to impress everty one with my knowledge of blog!

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Is everyone advertising in their blogs too?

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I probably come off more snitty than I really meant to! Sorry!

ajc

Caudata.org Donor
Reaction score
No problem John, I respect your stance with respect to adverts on Caudata.org.
My feeling is that advertizing is everywhere, TV, radio, billboards, internet. We need to learn (and teach) how to filter the information intelligently.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I think I understand where you're coming from on this matter but some of us (I would think you are one?) remember the days when there was no advertising on the Internet. It was a much smaller entity but when you found a page that interested you it generally didn't involve dealing with popups, spyware (almost all of which is advertising-related/caused) and more conventional banner advertisements.

I miss those days, but thanks to donors like yourself we can retain some sense of that on this site.

MRIGUY

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. I consider myself rather with it but Blogging just somehow eluded me. I thought it was too easy for it to just be an online journal/diary but as it turns out I was once again wrong. I need to talk with my eight year old more so she can teach me these things.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1