Where can I buy axolotl or axolotls

shaquiel

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
shaquiek
hello my name iz shaquiel and i am askin u were do u buy axolotls can i buy them off the internet or a store that has them

thanks
shaquiel

Check in the "for sale" section of this forum. Axolotls are usually available there.

Contact your local pet shops, they usually have them and this way you can compare prices. If not they may even be able to order them in for you. You can look in the for sale section of this forum as eggs can quite easily be posted in the mail. I was personally lucky enough to get my eggs for free from my school as their axolotls had babies.

ok thamks but my local pet store is petco and they only have gold fish

In the US, you almost always have to get them shipped from a private breeder. I think Niles Biological has them sometimes. You can try posting a 'wanted' ad on this forum, in the appropriate section. However, this is the "wrong" time of year for them; they usually breed in winter and spring.

This page might help:
http://www.ambystoma.org/AGSC/alternative.htm

good idea

I agree with Jacob look into the for sale forum . I actually got 6 real healthy axolotl babies from him about 2 - 3 weeks ago and they were more then I was hoping for . He also gave me a lot of help getting ready for them .

not sure if it helps, but i got mine from Ward's Science.

They were about 35.00 USD a piece with shipping, (albinos), and I got them next day shipped with cold packs. They didn't seem fazed by the trip.

(I might add it seems that ordering from a breeder here would be more beneficial, as their advice, etc. could be priceless!)

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
**** cuz!! thats expensive are they all around that price in america?

No, I got mine for free.

Re: were can i buy axolotls

I am also looking to purchase an Axolotl, hopefully before Christmas.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Can you buy them at Petco? I want two before X-mas.

Last edited:

You could go to PetCo, but I doubt it. If you read this thread, it suggests a couple places to buy them.

If you look for reptile expo's in your area I bet you will find them. They usually have a nice selection of amphibians at the shows I have been too.

I checked PetCo, PetSmart and PetLand and none of them could order me one, now i am going to look at a swap nearby...i'm getting desperate!

This really isn't the season for them. If you wait a couple more weeks, the 'for sale' section will be flooded with eggs.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back