Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Air Pumps

Cizza

Reaction score
What air pumps do you guys use if any?

Daniel

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I prefer airpumps by a german manufacturer "Schego" but I don't know if they are available in the UK. Very reliable over a long time and very silent in my opinion.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mark do you use this instead of a filter or aswell as?
What size tanks do u use it in?
cheers

Hi, the bulk of my tanks are unfiltered. I have a 4ft glass tank which uses an internal submersible filter but the rest are as per this post: http://www.caudata.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49415 with just a line for aeration. 10 tanks run off the one air pump. For small tanks many keepers use air driven sponge or corner filters. For large set-ups you may require mechanical filtration.

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I recommend Rena air pumps. These are the quietest I have ever tried. Also, it is fairly easy to find parts for them, so they should last practically forever.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1