11g semi-aquatic

Anoy1nce

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I had a tank sitting around and decided id finally start a newt tank. Not sure what I should put in here, but im thinking a FBN

tankxzo5.jpg

WOW! It's very good, naturalistic tank. The cocofiber and cork looks great. I would put there some plants, and it will be close to perfect :mrgreen: I think that the FBN will be good for this vivarium.

Heres a pic with moss and some crypts.
terrvh4.jpg

Heres a picture of the water feature since it doesn't show up on the other image.
p1010037nk7.jpg

That's a nice setup, I like the natural look, too.
You may have to watch the cork with constant contact to the water; some of mine started to rot after some months and I had to replace it.

Hopefully it will be alright, I put silicone all down it.

Are there any small holes/gaps where a small newt could crawl behind the cork? If there's a way to do it, they'll find it. The danger is that they'll crawl in and hide in a crevice and never come out to eat.

There were but I covered the holes with the coco fiber or gravel, everything should be alright hopefully.

I ran into my first problem. The water feature just wouldn't work where it was located because I cannot get to the filter! DOH. So I had to rearrange the tank, and while I was at it I gave more swimming space.
tankfinalnp5.jpg

awesome

It looks nice. I like the natural look to it. The firebellies will enjoy it.:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back