The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Old 10th December 2007   #1
xenopus

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: xenopus has started on the right path
Default worms in coconut fiber?

I think ive read somewhere on here ,though i cant for the life of me find it now, that nightcrawlers can live in the coconut fiber bedding instead of dirt. Is this right or would dirt be better? and also could I keep waxworms in there as well ? So it will be nightcrawlers and waxworms together in coconut fiber to make this clear.

xenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2007   #2
Jennewt
Administrator

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 97
Comments: 46
Rep: Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11Jennewt goes to 11

I'm not sure what the best storage medium is for waxworms, but suppliers recommend keeping them on dry bedding. Nightcrawlers can live in the coco fiber, but be sure they stay very cool. It's not any better than keeping them in soil. Why are you doing this? Are you putting them in the tank with the animals, or just storing them?

Old 11th December 2007   #3
xenopus

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: xenopus has started on the right path

well i was going to make a worm bin .. decided against it thanks for the reply though

xenopus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coconut, fiber, worms