E. bislineata pics

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I wanted to get these guys out of their tank so I could take a really close look at them and see if I maybe had represtatives of both sexes. I'm looking hard for a nasolabial groove. Anyway, any opinions on these guys? And is there a hint maleness in the last one? Well, at least you can see they are well-fed!

I am looking for a good glass container to take pics from. Round ones like small fishbowls and food jars distort their features, and I thought this square one would be better, but those dumb flowers on the sides block their faces. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. I want something glass, not plastic, because plastic always ends up scratching.

Attachments

• E.bislineata (1)p.JPG
    E.bislineata (1)p.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 287
  • E.bislineata (2)p.JPG
    E.bislineata (2)p.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 259
  • E.bislineata (3)p.JPG
    E.bislineata (3)p.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 265
  • E.bislineata (4)p.JPG
    E.bislineata (4)p.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 261
  • E.bislineata (5)p.JPG
    E.bislineata (5)p.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 269
  • E.bislineata (6)p.JPG
    E.bislineata (6)p.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 288
  • E.bislineata (7)p.JPG
    E.bislineata (7)p.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 257
I've got a set of 2.5 gal aquariums. They're tiny, but they're glass, and built well. I use them for doing exhibition, but that might be about what you're looking for. I have no idea where to get them, as I was given them by a friend.

I would suspect a male and two females from those photos, but I would by no means guarantee that assessment... Enlarged jaw musculature and a hint of cirri in the first photo makes that one look like a mature male, and smaller heads, larger bodies, and ova visible in the 4th photo makes the others look like females.
-Tim

That's what I was suspecting and hoping! Cirri, I had forgotten. I've never used that word in a sentence before.

hi

Hi Dawn. I definately think that one is male and another is female but I can't truly tell if the third is female or male but I think it would probably be a female.:D

yeah, the one in the last pic looks a lot like a male, can't tell 'bout the others though

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back