The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl Eggs, Larvae & Breeding Eggs everywhere, how did that happen? Will it be albino or wildtype?

Old 11th February 2008   #1
Tasha
(tashie7161)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: tashie7161 has given consistently good advice and informationtashie7161 has given consistently good advice and informationtashie7161 has given consistently good advice and informationtashie7161 has given consistently good advice and information
Default Colours?

Hello all again,
Axel and Krystal have had there babies a few weeks back. They hatched a few days ago, but im wondering; the majority are dark like their mummy, but some are see-through? But still have a little dark down there backs. I was wondering if there were whites? But i have white babies still in there eggs, and they look like they have white on them as aposed to see-through? Could it be there are still getting there colours through, or could they be light wild types and the darks meliod?
I will post piccies up soon as i find the cable!

Old 11th February 2008   #2
kapo
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Rep: kapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgkapo is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Hi Tasha, Congratulations!

Their colours may still take several weeks to come through. We've had small dark larvae on hatching and silvery coloured hatchlings (that looked like wildtypes) only to develop a few weeks later into leucistics (white/dark eyes) and almost transparent looking ones which developed into both dark wildtype and leucistic.

Haven't as yet had any that were dark melanoids.

Last edited by kapo; 12th February 2008 at 12:42.
kapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2008   #3
Tasha
(tashie7161)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Rep: tashie7161 has given consistently good advice and informationtashie7161 has given consistently good advice and informationtashie7161 has given consistently good advice and informationtashie7161 has given consistently good advice and information

Thanks Kapo, well i will keep you all informed as to what i get then

Tags
colours