Can't find any corner box filters

oregon newt

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Will
Can someone tell me where to get a corner box filter? I can't seem to find one anywhere.:ufo:

They are difficult to find. I know that none of my local stores carry them anymore. I am not sure if they are even still produced. A lot of people (myself included) use sponge filters. If you are looking for something with activated carbon I know that there are these cartridges that are basically elaborate airstones that serve the same purpose. I cannot remember which company produces (penn plax maybe??) them but I have seen them at walmart.
Chip

Oregon is Really hard to find anything for newts. I live in Medford and I have to cross to CA to get a lot of my supplies. Go to this website and it'll give you a better idea on what Newts and Salamanders are around here: www.dfw.state.or.us/wildlife/pdf/amphibians.pdf

try ebay or one of the fish auction sites. i use many of them but i stocked up years ago.

Can someone tell me where to get a corner box filter? I can't seem to find one anywhere.:ufo:

How soon do you need them? I have a couple I could give you for shipping price. I prefer sponge filters but have some new plastic old style corner box filters sitting around. I don't know how far Bowie is from Havre De Grace, Md. I'll be at the show their on April 12. shoot me an email

Pet stores don't like to sell box filters because they are so cheap, and they don't trap you into buying expensive replacement cartridges... that's my theory.

If anyone else is looking and Michael runs out... thatpetplace has them:
http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/group/10601/product.web

Just to ad to Jen's post here is another site http://www.jehmco.com/ I have never ordered anything from this company but they have a nice selection of practical aquarium keeping supplies.
Chip

Is there a certain rule for what size you get?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back