What filter?

killking236

Reaction score
Country
United States
What type of filter should I get for my ten gallon cynops orientalis tank and what brand do all of you use? I need a small one because my tank is'nt that big and I dont want to have to siphon out poop all the time but I still want to keep the water clean. Thanks every one.

http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/filters.shtml

This link will give you the information about different types of filters. I just bought a Zoo Med 501 filter from the USA and got it shipped it over for my axolotl's because the ones I bought over here seemed to all be too powerful and they didn't seem to sell external mini canisters over in the UK. But that filter seems to be doing great at the moment and it creates very little water flow and I only have a small tank aswell.

Thanks, but what brand and exact unit does every one think will be good for my ten gallon tank? I dont want it to produce too much heat or current. And what chiller should I get to keep the tank cool?

Thanks, but what brand and exact unit does every one think will be good for my ten gallon tank? I dont want it to produce too much heat or current. And what chiller should I get to keep the tank cool?

Well as I have mentioned I use a ZooMed 501 because it is a canister filter it doesn't produce any heat in the water and has a very weak current perfect and should be easily avaliable in the USA.

Chillers can be expensive, whats the temperature in your tank like at the moment? if you only need it to drop by a few degrees then maybe think about a fan, thats what I use for my tank very effectivly.

I dont have my tank set up at the moment still trying to sell the fish. Maybe I wont need a chiller.

I dont have my tank set up at the moment still trying to sell the fish. Maybe I wont need a chiller.

Chillers can be very expensive, many people are able to use easier methods to keep tanks cool. If you can keep your tank below 18 then you should be fine. Before you get your caudata set up the tank and see how things go and then you can make a better decision.
http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/cooling.shtml that is another article that you could read for cooling methods.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back