Filter suggestions for 10 gallon tank

Abberzoo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Abberzoo
I am currently using an Elite Stingray 5 underwater filter and I have been doing okay with it, but wanted to get opinions on what underwater filter everyone else is using. I have heard some good things about Fluval.

yes i use a fluval and it does me very well. i use a fluval 205 but i use that for a 50 gallon tank so im not sure if you'd want to use it in a 10 gallon. however fluval i feel is a very reputable seller and you should be able to find a smaller make to suit your tank.

I have also used fluval filters in my tank and generally been happy with them. I was using 2 in my divided tank ( one was not able to filter the water from the juveniles side) but I was finding that they seemed to be heating up the water a little ...however this week I went wild and purchased a canister filter which so far is doing a super job..the down side to this one is that it is bigger and takes up valuable space.

Hi,

I started off with a fluval filter which was said to be the correct one by the pet shop, pets @ home to be precise and it was evidently too strong a current as my axolotl was literally trying to keep herself from getting lifted up.:mad: We use fluvals all the time at college for the fish and as a filter for regular fish they are great just make sure you get the right one for your tank size as I didn't and it had bad results!
I am now using a stringray which is working great! :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back