Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Plethodon glutinosus and their tank :)

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
So i finally got myself a trio of slimy salamanders and i have to say i´m hooked for life. Though i´ve always been more a european/asian caudates person, i had something for plethodontids....but now that i´ve seen them in real life....i want them all xDDDDD
They are two juveniles and a (supposedly) male.
There´s also a pic of their tank. I hope it´s perfectly suitable for them.

Attachments

• P1060258222222.JPG
    P1060258222222.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,270
  • P1060272333333333333.JPG
    P1060272333333333333.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 752
  • P1060264444444444.JPG
    P1060264444444444.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 981

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you :)
That´s what i was hoping for...they really seem to enjoy the set-up, with all the posibilities to hide.

Plethodonae

Reaction score
Re: Nice!

Very nice setup!!! I'm keeping one P.Cinereus in a viv sort of like yours. Except more plants. But yours is fantastic! I give it 5 stars.

jctkc

Reaction score
What do you feed these guys and how often? I had some morph from their larvae stage and I got them to eat crickets, but i don't want to go to the pet store every two weeks for crickets.

Thanks

Slimy2

Reaction score
Earthworms are a perfect food for slimy salamanders and they were the staple diet for mine, however, I have fed them mealworms, termites and various beetle larvae that I find in the woods. I fed mine every two or three days.

-Cameron

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Jctkc, i don´t know what you have, but they can´t be Plethodon glutinosus...
P.glutinosus lays eggs on land and there´s no larval phase, they are born already as miniature adults.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1