Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Renovations...Wish I was paid for it with other than a cheeky grin!

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Being tired of cleaning under two inch stones which my axies took great delight in hiding secret hoards of food, and thereby jamming my fingers, wrecking my nails - I decided to do something about it and replace it with sand!

After four hours of moving the water with my beneficial little bacterias, moving rocks with same little beneficial angels - hell I'll call them boulders (I think I've earned the right to be flexible with reality), moving the substrate stones, watching the puppy, watching the cat that was watching the axies, watching the axies that were watching the puppy, watching the puppy again as he noticed things were watching him, rinsing the sand, putting in the sand, putting everything back in...

To make a long story short, here attached is the end result and apologies for the picture quality of the shot without the flash - my hands were shaking ;). (I took all shots from opposite side of the room as not to bother the axies with the flash).

Vader, Leia and Eowyn have taken to their new home well...they've started playing with the sand. I've incorporated 5 or 6 caves in the design so they can have some 'time out' from one another...and where are they?

ALL IN THE SAME BLASTED CAVE! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• AxiRenovations 004.jpg
    AxiRenovations 004.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 309
  • AxiRenovations 001.jpg
    AxiRenovations 001.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 256
  • AxiRenovations 003.jpg
    AxiRenovations 003.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 235

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Oh dear, that flash on the glass looks like a full moon glowing doesnt it? An artistic fluke...what am I saying?...it was deliberate, it WAS deliberate. ;)

Hahaha I noticed in a pic I had taken that you could see ... ME! ... in the glass. I shudder to think of the world thus discovering my passion for Hawaiian-print dresses...

ali000

Reaction score
at least you were dressed :eek: :grin:

Lovely set up, I really like tanks with lots of caves and hidey holes

Lisa

Reaction score
That looks fantastic Jacq, I love those caves you've made from rocks. My two also seem to like hanging out together:p.

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That looks fantastic Jacq, I love those caves you've made from rocks. My two also seem to like hanging out together:p.

Thanks Lisa!

Yep, mine love hanging out together. On the rare occasion (stifling my guffaws right now :p) where there may be a little tiff, all differences are forgiven and forgotten as soon as the food hits the table (well, the end of my fingers anyway). ;)

Cheers Jacq.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!