Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Introducing Lily and Inky

ali000

Reaction score
Well, hubby knew I was upset about so many of my larvae dying that last night he came home with these 2 little cherubs :D. (although he calls them freakazoids :rolleyes:)

Lily is the leucistic and Inky the wild-type. They are tiny, we reckon about 3-4 months (someone may be able to clarify that?)

I think they are a little on the skinny side, I didn't feed them last night because I wanted them to settle in, but this morning they have had a hearty breakfast of chopped earthworm and they will be getting bloodworm for dinner :D

It's also an opportunity to post piccys of my tank with it's surreal red sand!

oh, thats hubby's ghostly reflection you can see in piccy 2 :eek:
enough chatter....here's the pics;)

Attachments

• axie1.jpg
    axie1.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 294
  • axie2.jpg
    axie2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 270
  • axie3.jpg
    axie3.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 244
  • axies kissing.jpg
    axies kissing.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 244

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Oh Alison they are darling!!! (Hubby cute too but a distant second, I'd say ;) - but what a sweety he is for bringing you your "freakazoids"!)

I love the red sand. It looks so posh.

-Eva

ali000

Reaction score
Thanks eva, they are far far cuter than hubby, although I do love him for bringing them:D

I'm just really frustrated now, I'm sat at work and I just want to go home and stare at them:eek:

ali000

Reaction score
Thanks
Just popped home in my lunch hour.... 20 minutes drive home, 20 minutes staring lovingly, 20 minutes drive back:rolleyes:

I won't tell hubby, he'll only moan about the price of petrol etc :talker:

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh Wow! It looks so beautiful. I wish we could get red sand like that here! It looks so regal.

I like the fourth picture, it seems like a mexican standoff - "You move". "No, you move". "I'm not moving till you move!". ;)

ali000

Reaction score
:grin:Jacq, you always make me laugh. I often think of them as passing each other in the tank calling, hey amigo :eek:

ali000

Reaction score
did you get the cartoon 'speedy gonzales' in Australia? thats how I image the axies talking, in a squeeky mouse mexican accent :D

ali000

Reaction score
Thats a very polite way of putting it Eva :proud::grin:

and this is me sober :eek: give me a glass of wine and the world becomes distinctly abstract and sort of paisley pattened

blueberlin

Reaction score
I of course have no idea what you mean... I am totally normal.. and .. um, what was that word again? Oh yes, sober. Never touch a drop of the stuff... nope, not me - I most certainly never open a bottle and then go online (cheers and bottoms up) :hat:

hehehe

blueberlin

Reaction score
Oh... whew... but... prb'ly.. we should set a good example... you know... for ... um ... somebody...

Ok. "Always hold the glass at an angle to the mouth of the bottle when pouring." Good example, that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1