New here blablabla..

tokaysunlimited

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not so good at the whole introduction thing so excuse me.:rolleyes:
Well my name is Jeremy i am from New England.I keep roughly about 170 species of Gecko's at the moment.But i also try and do as much field work that i possibly can.
So far my Salamander collection is up to 9 species.Aside from that i do have a very large assortment of frogs (darts and treefrogs,etc.)..
Sooooooo there it is in a nutshellllll!!!!!

Hi Jeremy and welcome to the Forum!

Not much of a profile you have there, don't be so shy! Nobody wants to do you harm. We're amphibian lovers, for goodness' sake. :p

-Eva

Hi Jeremy and welcome to the Forum!

Not much of a profile you have there, don't be so shy! Nobody wants to do you harm. We're amphibian lovers, for goodness' sake. :p

-Eva
Immmm workin on it...hahahaha

Immmm workin on it...hahahaha
haha Ok, I don't mean to be pushy. Or curious.

Alright, I fibbed. I am curious. You write that you have geckos. I come from Louisiana and there we have these animals we call geckos, they are soft and light pink with darker pink freckles and you can see their organs through their skin. Here in Germany, where I live now, they sell animals called "Gekkos" but they are reptilian, with spikes and warts on their heads (that sounds odd, maybe, but they are lovely). I'd call them lizards (you've probably guessed by now that I'm not really up on genus and species) (heck, I don't even know whether a gecko is a reptile or an amphibian, although I'm guessing the latter). So what have you got? And how can/do you keep 170 different species, even if you only have one of each?

-Eva

haha Ok, I don't mean to be pushy. Or curious.

Alright, I fibbed. I am curious. You write that you have geckos. I come from Louisiana and there we have these animals we call geckos, they are soft and light pink with darker pink freckles and you can see their organs through their skin. Here in Germany, where I live now, they sell animals called "Gekkos" but they are reptilian, with spikes and warts on their heads (that sounds odd, maybe, but they are lovely). I'd call them lizards (you've probably guessed by now that I'm not really up on genus and species) (heck, I don't even know whether a gecko is a reptile or an amphibian, although I'm guessing the latter). So what have you got? And how can/do you keep 170 different species, even if you only have one of each?

-Eva
Are you sure its not just the way that it may be spelled out there??Gekko is a genus contacining Tokays,White strips and a few others.
There are alot of intoduced species in Louisiana,but being the fact you said transparent i would have to bet on a Hemidactylus sp.
And as far as keeping that many gecko's ehhh wellllllll its hard to find GOOD help these days.But i make due with what i have.lmfao

Are you sure its not just the way that it may be spelled out there??

Yes of course I am sure that is the way it's spelled here hahaha

No what I mean is that what I consider a gecko is a soft creature, and what I have seen here as a Gekko is a tough-skinned thing - like a gila monster or something. Definitely reptilian.

The things we call geckos that crawl around our yards and windows in New Orleans are pink with light brown freckles. Apparently they will grow to be bigger than your hand (tails not included) (I've had friends who kept them as pest control and luck charms - they roamed freely about the house) (I mean the geckos, although of course the friends did, too) but in "the wild" of our back yards they never get much bigger than a finger (tails included). Very soft-bodied, delicate-looking, lovely things they are. Here what I see called Gekkos look like mini-dinosaurs, with spikes coming out of the backs of their heads, wide jaws, a wart on the cheek where a woman would rouge, aggressive... definitely reptilian.

I still can't imagine having so many pets. We have so little room here in Berlin... Pictures! Pictures!

Welcome, Jeremy, could I ask you to please add a country to your profile? It's required. To access your profile, use the "User CP" link in the upper left. Thanks!

Jeremy, see? Told you. :p
(haha can you tell I'm a younger sister?)

But we knew you were American. Only Americans are afraid of filling out a profile. (Just kidding - and kid I may, cuz I'm an American, too ;) )

But we knew you were American. Only Americans are afraid of filling out a profile. (Just kidding - and kid I may, cuz I'm an American, too ;) )
hahahahahahaha!!!!:D

;)

Well have fun anyway, and again, welcome to the Forum!

I thought it was the English that were reserved :eek:

actually I didn't take a lot of notice of the profile bit... oh well, I've got round to it now:eek:

Welcome to the forum Jeremy, it's almost as addictive as the pets themselves:D

Hi BlueBerlin. I see in your post you mentioned about Gekkos, which are common here in Australia. I believe they are part of the reptile family.:D

Yes, we have these adorable little pink things we call geckos. The Hemidactylus sp. was the closest thing I could fine at google, too, but it's bumpy and I remember the geckos as being very smooth. Last night I discovered someone here on the Forum who lives in my hometown (how cool is that?). I'll ask him, he's sure to know their Latin name.

-Eva

hi!
just wanted to mention that geckos are in fact reptiles, there are many diverse species of them so you can find soft pink ones and bumpy gravely ones, there are even some that look like leaves!

well i am an avid gecko lover!
i have a leapord gecko who is horribly spoiled and i'm looking into others at the moment.
leapord geckos are bumpy, but their tums are smooth.
house geckos are smooth everywhere.
there are many types of geckos and some of them are rough warted things, but with the proper love they can become as friendly as a leapord gecko!

The geckos we have in Louisiana are (Hemidactylus turcicus) mediterranean geckos.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back