Neurergus larvae 2008

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry about the bad photos. But I have to show off this year's babies: N. strauchii and N. kaiseri. The kaiseri are being raised from someone else's eggs, I have no adults.

Some of the strauchii larvae this year are lighter colored, as the one in the foreground. I expect they will all turn out with the usual color, though.

Attachments

• Nss_larv.jpg
    Nss_larv.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 515
  • Nk_larv.jpg
    Nk_larv.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 515
As usual, nice lookin babies Jen. approx how old are they and what are the average lengths?

Gorgeous animals, Jen! I had no idea that you kept N. kaiseri. Did they prove difficult to cycle for breeding? Are they just plain difficult?

Gorgeous looking animals! I look forward to seeing morphlings!

The strauchii hatched around the end of March or early April, and they are around 1 to 1.5 inches. The kaiseri hatched March 10-14, and they are at least 2 inches and beginning to show the characteristic kaiseri colors.

I don't have any kaiseri adults, Abrahm. Someone else's eggs found their way to my door. But from what I hear, they aren't difficult to cycle; unlike strauchii, they don't even need to get particularly cold.

Thanks for the positive comments, though I don't think the photos are worth much praise, haha.

Those are some amazing animals Jen! You're lucky to have them;)

Go Jen! Good luck with the wee ones.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back