My marms arrive!

federnewt

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Display Name
Federico
Hi!!
I get 2 T.marmoratus juveniles thay are about 5 o 6cm, in a terrarirum with 22ºC
They are eating blood worms and worms..
They are like tired.. is that normal?

Here i got some pics of them..
SDC11192.jpg

SDC11191.jpg

Coincidencias.jpg

Are they sexables or not yet?

Not suitable for advanced topics - moved to help section. Please be more careful with your sub-topic choice in future.

Hi Fede, as i told you there´s no way to sex them at such a young age.
what do you mean by "tired"?

First at all i dont understand the reason to moving my post.. i would prefer that Triturus marmoratus Owners explain me, because i am not asking how to care them.. i am asking details.. ok, no problem..

I was traying to say that they are not active..
22ºC its fine for them?

You asked basic questions that are not advanced, hence why your post was not approved for the advanced area of the forum.

Most newts/salamanders are naturally lazy, I wouldn't be worried.

22C is alright, but remember, the colder the better.

Nice looking Marms by the way.

You asked basic questions that are not advanced, hence why your post was not approved for the advanced area of the forum.

Oks John excuse me

dane_zu yes i know..speaceally in terrestrial phase..
I`ve got t.karelinii, t.cristatus, p.waltl.. but they are all in aquatic..

My marms are eating perfect so i think the tºC is not a problem ;)
Should i convert their terrarium in an aqua/terra?... maybe their want to go to water.. and then.. i will put them in a full aquarium with an island..(if they enter to the aquatic phase)

Oks John excuse me

dane_zu yes i know..speaceally in terrestrial phase..
I`ve got t.karelinii, t.cristatus, p.waltl.. but they are all in aquatic..

My marms are eating perfect so i think the tºC is not a problem ;)
Should i convert their terrarium in an aqua/terra?... maybe their want to go to water.. and then.. i will put them in a full aquarium with an island..(if they enter to the aquatic phase)

Also, it may be that they are still a bit shy, or stressed from the handles of dealers and shipments. A week or so and they should be a bit less, "tired." But they're aren't the active type to begin with.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back