Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Caudata.org T-Shirt Wearers Unite!

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
In the first issue of the Caudata.org magazine we had a section showing members wearing their T-shirts. Now that we are very close to a second issue I would like to repeat this. Who is game? Post your photos here and don't be shy! And it doesn't have to be just the shirts! Yes, your chance to be immortalised as a newt enthusiast.

PS: If you prefer an alternative to posting in the thread, you can contact me privately to send a photo via email.

Last edited:

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How's this?

Attachments

• caudatabagsm.JPG
    caudatabagsm.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 484

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
It's fine, and it's a start!

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Good god, I can't believe I'm doing this.

Here is my contribution: a much younger me, at the Detroit Zoo (looking at their hellbenders).

Attachments

• face to face.jpg
    face to face.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 415
  • Look a bender copy.jpg
    Look a bender copy.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 422

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Holy different person Batman!

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
The caudata.org shirt pics are over 5 years old, while the one in my profile is 2 years old. I could put up a recent pic of me... but why? lol.

BTW: I still have both a black and a grey caudata.org shirt (properly garnished with lots of holes and dirt stains), as well as a sweatshirt (with lots of dirt). I should get a new one, one that's clean.

lims

Reaction score
Hello, well, it feels weird, haha being back on here, I'm gonna take a while to read alot of stuff, I would love to have a caudata T shirt, how much is it again, any way I can win one?

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Sam where have you been???

As for winning a T-shirt, what size do you wear?

lims

Reaction score
Hello, I would be large I think,, I would get you some wiked shots of me wearing it in the field and all sorts..

I've been to a few different places which I'll let you all know about, I also had no internet for a while and couldn't sort it out. I've had some C. orientalis larvae close to morphing which died coz my flatmate didn't change the water when I was in France like he assured me he would, I was only there for 6 days, anyway, I was extremely devestated. I put a lot of work into them, I just hope they breed the same this next year.
I photographed some larvae I found today which got me quite excited, not sure what they are. Been doing a lot of diving and underwater photography in lakes no amphibians though! Anyway I'm going to get back to reading and then posting...

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, Sam. I hope you had fun when you were away.

I only asked about the shirt because I have like 2 spare ones at home but none are L.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
OK folks, two people wearing Caudata.org stuff does not a page in the magazine make.

Jake

Reaction score
Here are my contributions. Forget about the axolotl.org shirt if this is strictly caudata.org shirts.

Attachments

• IMG_0859.jpg
    IMG_0859.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_0857.jpg
    IMG_0857.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 426
  • IMG_0866.jpg
    IMG_0866.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 389

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice Jake. I have to tell you, I get a real kick out of seeing you wearing the Axolotl shirt. I have had one of those since I put them up on cafepress and it's one of my favourite T-shirts.

Thanks for posting those. Now if only we had 5 or 6 more :p.

Jan

Site Contributor
Reaction score
John - don't know if you are still wanting photos for the magazine which will be published, but I was just going through some pix from a recent trip to California.....and found this one of me and my friend Dan.

Attachments

• PhoenixPalmSprings 113a.jpg
    PhoenixPalmSprings 113a.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 380

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
It's not quite caudata.org, but I just found a picture of me in my CIG shirt, if you're interested.

Darkmaverick

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I will be glad to help once i get my order for a t shirt, think of a nice sexy pose and get the lighting and angles right. I was wondering where to get that axolotl T shirt Jake is modelling. I can't seem to find it among the catalogue list. I want to get a black one. Black is very slimming.

Cheers

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I appreciate the enthusiasm, folks, but I was severely underwhelmed by the response for this and I'm not giving it serious thought for the issue. Unless of course there's a dramatic turn around.

Jake

Reaction score
I was wondering where to get that axolotl T shirt Jake is modelling. I can't seem to find it among the catalogue list. I want to get a black one. Black is very slimming.

Cheers

There's a link to the page with axolotl shirts at www.axolotl.org/. You're totally right about black, the camera adds 5 pounds but the black shirt shaves off 10!

Darkmaverick

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm just an idea to throw out.

How about have caudata members from all over the world take photos of themselves in front of an iconic/symbolic landmark, holding up a sign that says "Caudata.org" and identify themselves with the username?

For eg. since im in sydney, i can take a photo of myself standing in front of the iconic sydney opera house and hold up a sign that says Darkmaverick says hi to Caudata.org, or something along those lines.

Although not as classy as with T shirts, i think it can be interesting to see caudata.org members from all over the world. Pictures in my mind Eva and Daniel by the berlin wall...;)

Cheers

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1