Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

my axis and there 3 tanks

lisalee2

Reaction score
Hi every one. I thought i would share some pictures of my axis and there homes, also while im on here i have 3 girls in a big wide 4ft tank, how many axis could go in it. Frecks the wild type is on his own he is to rude he keeps geting the girls pregnant so had to seperate him. Lottle is only 7 months old so hes also on his own till he gets to the same size as his dad. Thank you for looking at my pics.
Lisa.

Attachments

• lisa and lees animals 015.jpg
    lisa and lees animals 015.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 257
  • lisa and lees animals 018.jpg
    lisa and lees animals 018.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 202
  • lisa and lees animals 022.jpg
    lisa and lees animals 022.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 216
  • lisa and lees animals 053.jpg
    lisa and lees animals 053.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 198
  • lisa and lees animals 094.jpg
    lisa and lees animals 094.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 684
  • lisa and lees animals 085.jpg
    lisa and lees animals 085.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 219
  • lisa and lees animals 081.jpg
    lisa and lees animals 081.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 199
  • lisa and lees animals 076.jpg
    lisa and lees animals 076.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 203

Kerry1968

Reaction score
Awww honey, I think they're gorgeous! I've noticed the threads have been quiet over the last couple of days, I'm sure everyone else thinks they're lovely too, Kerry.

oceanblue

Reaction score
Nice pictures. Is Lottle melanoid? He looks dark and I cannot see any reflective ring in his eye. Your leucistics could be melanoid as well! It's nice to see a mix of varieties;).

madeve

Reaction score
Your axies look cute and I like the set-ups too, my only problem is that according to the date on the pictures I'm 40 something and my boys would be all grown up ... lol.

lisalee2

Reaction score
Yeh the camras date isnt set up correctly. I try and look after and care for by babys as much as possible im with them all the time and like to keep them happy and try to stop any harm coming to them. Thank you for your posts :D

brella

Reaction score
Very cute! Those are nice photos.

How do you get such clear pictures? Is there a certain setting used?

ianclick

Reaction score
Hi Lisa,

Your axies look beautiful and healthy, Great setups too. I particularly like the black and white stones, way cool.

lisalee2

Reaction score
Thank you every one. We dont do nothing special with the camera it does take alot of blurred pics so it takes ages to get good pictures of my axis. I love my axis, well all me animals, and try my hardest to keep them and there homes looking good. :)

ellenant

Reaction score
I like your animals!
Especially the wild type with the gold patches.
I wish mine had these... only a few spots of gold at the gills...;)

lisalee2

Reaction score
Hi ellen thanks for the post. Roxy is a beauty aint she so is all my animals, she never had all the gold patches like she has now she only recently got them.She seems to be geting more and more each week.

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some great shots of some beautiful axolotls, I could happily look at them all day - but my co-workers are wondering what my oohs and aahs are all about ;) so I better get back to...shudder...work.

lisalee2

Reaction score
Hi i am using large stones thats half the size of there heads they have always had big stones in there tanks and never tryed to eat the stones as i always hand feed my axis just in case one does end up in there mouth but i dought that would happen as the stones are big and quite hevey for them to pick up and thank you Havelock for your nice comment my axis will appreshiate it.

pixiegriff

Reaction score
Wow, Lisalee! They are wonderful! I absolutely LOVE your setups! How long have you had your beautiful pets? I like to keep an eye on the pictures, I even take a weekly shot of my guys (3) because they are always changing...I get the feeling mine are not gaining weight like they should, though, lately they are all looking really "fit" not bulging in the middle the way I like.
I love your wild-type, he's gorgeous!
Keep up the great work!
Paula

lisalee2

Reaction score
Hi paula. I have had axis for a bout 3 years now, rio was our first and lottle the youngest one is the latest one he is only 8 months old now, he is the baby of my frecks and roxy bless him. Getting two golden axis in a few weeks carnt wait hope they are both boys as my frecks is all lonly being on his own due to being to randy with the 3 girls, but i aint to botherd if there girls as ill love them all the same, but it will be a while be for they can go and live with adults as there only juvies. I dont know why but all my 5 axis are little fat buggers but then a gain we do feed them every other day quite a bit of food but cut down from feeding them every day, just worrie in case there hungry so make sure i feed them well not just that the girls will be alot bigger due to all the stuff they carry to make babys so males are thinner any way,thanks for your post ill post some more pics soon when we get the two gold axis. Lisa.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!