My axolotls !!!!

aidekba

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Hi,everyone I just became a new member.I come from Thailand

this is my tank and my axolotles

I just bought it for 2 days ago ,, :D . Now , I dont know how to know female or male ?

My English is not very well , I apologize for everyone too.

1216461760_0.22745900.jpg

1216461762_0.07542800.jpg

1216461764_0.97774800.jpg

1216461766_0.97040300.jpg

Very beautiful. Only suggestion I have is you should remove the rocks and replace with childrens play sand or have a bare bottom tank. Axolotls will swallow those rocks and not be able to pass them. Make sure they have a place to hide and get out of the light.

The coloring is awesome.

Welcome to the forum, and what a pretty little axolotl you have!
My first thought is that it looks quite young still, I am basing this on its size, so sexing it will be unreliable at the moment.
The tank looking very pretty, but unfortunately the white stones/ gravel will cause your little axolotl huge problems. The main one is that they are prone to accidentally eating the stones, this in turn will bung up the axolotl and can cause death. The stones are also awkward to clean. Sand is more suitable , I am currently using half sand and half bare bottom in my tank and this makes cleaning them out very easy. If this is a new tank you should keep a very close eye on the quality of water. Tests for ammonia, nitrate and nitrite are important, I initially tested my tank daily to make sure that ammonia is kept under control. If you have a reading that shows ammonia, 20% daily water changes will be needed. Then finally ( for now!!) keep a close eye on the water temperature as if it is too warm ( over low 20 degrees) this will also cause problems.
Apologies if this seems complicated, but do ask lots of questions, there is nearly always some one who will be able to help.:D

thanks a lot for many advices , tomorrow I will remove the rocks and replace with sand and give bare bottom for them .:D This my first time about axolotl ,, before this I have crayfish's tank and I still have it now :D And the last question how important about the light ? ,, need to open alltimes or not ?

1216464763_0.26123300.jpg

If you have any advices that useful for me ,, please tell me :D , Thank you

I would of left the stones in the tank providing there was no chance of the little one swollowing them as they are quite big and shouldnt get eaten. Then when bigger get bigger stones the size of the head or half the size of the head as our axis are fine with big stones, but small stones can be dangorous.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back