Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

E. Bislineata larvae

FredLikesNewts

Reaction score
SSL21121.jpg

SSL21127.jpg

SSL21104.jpg

SSL21112.jpg

I have two but one was hiding under the rock when pictures were taken and I did not feel like disturbing him.

FredLikesNewts

Reaction score
I found them in a small local stream that is full of life, such as macroinvertebrates, snails, crawdads and such and they are the only amphibians I've found. I haven't seen any adults there and I caught them by sweeping my net through the marginal plants in the water.

Yahilles

Reaction score
Blue gravel looks poor.

If the larvae live in the stream, IMO you should provide them moving water. How are the water changes?

FredLikesNewts

Reaction score
Do you mean the blue gravel is in poor condition or just gives the impression of poorness? Either way it was just leftover gravel that I had and I did not feel like getting new gravel, whatever works.

There is a current as the filter is pumped by an air pump meant for 10 gallon tanks and the tank it is in is rather small, between 3-4 gallons. The stream that they were living is did not have that much of a current but it was not still. I do partial water changes weekly.

Yahilles

Reaction score
I meant the looking of gravel, but simultaneously i don't acclaim painted gravel in aquarium. Never enough caution :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!