Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My new warties

Yahilles

Reaction score
Hi,

Today i got an adult pair of Paramesotriton hongkongensis from my friend. Fantastic, big, ugly, evil newts :D Very good change after small C. orientalis. Here are the pics of female:
amfitri5.jpg

amfitri9.jpg

amfitri8.jpg

amfitri7.jpg

amfitri4.jpg

amfitri1.jpg

amfitri10.jpg

amfitri2.jpg

Yahilles

Reaction score
I keep them in the same tank, where i've kept my orientalis (shown in my older thread), now orientalis are in other aquarium.
This female is making a NICE mess in water, when she's swimming for air.

Last edited:

Nathan050793

Reaction score
I agree with Cameron, I really enjoyed those pictures, especially the first one. Your setup looks pretty natural.

By the way, maybe you should consider entering some of those in the calendar competition...

louise

Reaction score
Very nice pics! The newts look in great condition. The only time I find them evil is to each other when there's food about!

Yahilles

Reaction score
The evil is in their image. Today i had experienced that they are so "dumb", feeding them with tweezers is HELL. I was trying (with his prior owner) to feed male with Tanichthys albonubes and he ate just after 20 minutes of swinging the fish in front of his head! Chinese firebellies are attacking tweezers even if i'm not feeding them!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1