New tank setup

vampire

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey guys,

got a new setup now since my last axy passed :(

New setup includes a heater...gulp..... before you ask.

its set to 20 Degrees Celsius to give the water a bit more stability, we were getting some major cold nights here and the temp was all over the place.

My only concern now is that the new addition hasn't eaten in 3 days, I have offered beef heart, blood worm, shrimp pellets. I haven't noticed and poo either.

I figure he is adjusting to the new surroundings, and He's not as flighty as he was the first few days. When i put the food in front of him he does lift his head like he will take some but then he just sits there and does nothing.

hope I have posted this in the right place.
cheers
V

I wish you all the best and good luck for your next try!!!!!!
:D

ok day four and he still hasn't eaten.. should i be worried?

all is well, he took some shrimp pellets today!!! yay

or maybe not...

he has only taken a few pellets. (and since the last feed none).
Won't take beef heart either and no supply of earthworms here atm winter.

any suggestions?

Ok you could try it with some prawns and liver.
Both can be cut into small pieces and frozen so you can keep them fresher.
My two absolutely love a bit of liver now and then, it wriggles well in the water and seems almost wormlike.

cheers will give it a go (also put some blood worm in overnight and most of it went :)

not much luck im afraid, he seems healthy though, no floating at the top etc.. maybe he's lonely? he was in a tank with quite a few others. Do you think getting him a mate may help

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back