Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New home

Aussiemum

Reaction score
Well guys i finally got rid of the large pebbles that were in my tank and put down the sand. It is still merky but im sure that will settle in awhile. So now i can get on the way to making my guys happy and healthy. And as any one on this site would have done is take pics Lol So here they r.
Thanks for ure help and advise
DSCF2672.jpg

DSCF2707.jpg

DSCF2665.jpg

DSCF2671.jpg

DSCF2675.jpg

DSCF2679.jpg

DSCF2683.jpg

DSCF2685.jpg

DSCF2686.jpg

DSCF2687.jpg

DSCF2689.jpg

DSCF2692.jpg

DSCF2694.jpg

DSCF2695.jpg

DSCF2696.jpg

DSCF2699.jpg

DSCF2705.jpg

DSCF2708.jpg

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
What a lovely set up you have, however I have some concerns about the size of the snails as it is possible your pretty axolotl may try to eat them ( they may get stuck).

gr33neyes

Reaction score
I'm not sure but I think those snails are apple snails. They should grow bigger. I have 3 apple snails in my axolotl tank, I did check their size before I bought them though. They are too big to fit in my axolotls mouth and they have been happily living in my tank for 2 weeks, doing their bit by eating algae.
You will need to keep an eye though if they don't grow as the axies will have them.

Aussiemum

Reaction score
I had these snails in my other tank and have had a couple of them for awhile and my axies pay no attention to them. They will sniff n sit right next to them but never show any interest in eating them. I guess snail is not on these guys diet Lol.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!