All my girls aint eating at all.

lisalee2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
lisa
Could some one help me, My 3 girls aint eating any food its been over a week since they last ate, but the boys are eating fine, it is warmer in the girls tank and the boys tank is a lot cooler could the temp be the problem.They seem quite happy but unuseal for them not to eat as i feed them every other day, i feed them on eathworms from a pet shop not out the garden, dillies(fish) and some times prawn, i also feed them at night when they are a wake so its not be cause there a sleep none of the girls have even been for a poop for a week, what is wrong.

What kind of substrate do you have in the tank? What are the temperatures of each tank and the size?

Is there a specific reason that the two tanks are different temperatures?

I'm wondering if you need to carry out extra water changes on the warmer tank. Warmer water may be deteriorating faster if you accidently miss any waste that may be hidden.
Have you tested the tank water for any nasties?

The boys are in the bed room with the windows wide open. Thats why they are cooler and the girls are down stairs at the moment. The girls temp is 22.5 c at the minute and the boys is a bit cooler. I check for poo every day and always like to make sure there is no uneaten food and poo in their tanks. Being that we are moving on sunday, we have transferd them in to diffrent tanks so we can take their tanks to our new home. Their tank sizes are 4ft by 3ft, that the girls tank. The boys is a 3ft by 2ft. Now the girls are in my dads tanks on there own, no fish or any thing, just them selves. Thats also a 4ft by 3ft tank. Frecks is in a 2 1/2 foot tank till he gets in his old tank, and lottle is in a big tub at the minute. They all have bare bottom tanks but they did have large stones half the size of there heads and its never caused them a problem. The girls havent eaten since they were in there old tanks so its been a week now, I'm going to try and feed them in a minute to see if they will eat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lisa, while I understand your concern over your axolotls, we are an international forum and appreciate your using appropriate grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Your posts can be very difficult to read without using proper English.

Now the girls are in my dads tanks on there own, no fish or any thing, just them selves.

Are you saying that before they were sharing a tank with fish?

No sorry i said it wrong, they have never been in a tank with fish never would either. Well last night the girls had a bit to eat only one dillie each and shook there head at the rest, is this a good sign.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back