Bolitaglossia ?

yama

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
spawn13
I am interested in learning more about this type salamander and its habits. Irealize they are lungless and come from mountinous region of south or central america. Outside of that not much else. Wat do they feed on? Wat are sum problems tht may arrise in captives. Could they be kept:confused::confused: like sum of the more specialized orchids? Like Draco. Please shed a bit of of light on these creatures for me. Is there any literature listing all of them? If not is there a site that talks only of them?

Last edited:
Hello, welcome to the site. This link should provide you with almost all of the relevant information on the site:

http://www.caudata.org/forum/search...archinfo=1&photoplog_searchquery=Bolitoglossa

And it's Bolitoglossa, not the word you used. There has been talk about their maintenance on this forum. Not to sound pretentious but if the info on them that you want isn't on this forum then it probably doesn't exist outside of journals.

Good luck.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back