Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Compare and Contrast

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
That's what I said and then I asked them to change it so we can avoid any legal difficulties.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
My worry and reason for asking them to change it is that I do not want their customers to think I have something to do with their business or endorse it.

ferret_corner

Reaction score
My first thought was that was an offshoot of your original axolotl board for members who don't speak english/american. Then I saw the "PRICE" button and realized you aren't a sales board, you would never do that. But it certainly gave me pause!

Sharon

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
But THEIR axolotl wags its tail (uh... okay), AND they keep their axolotls with angelfish. Looks like they may have also snagged some info from AGSC.

oceanblue

Reaction score
Have you specifically told them what needs to be changed to avoid confusion? So much is near identical-colour rounded corners with fading, layout of tabs. - background with axolotls for a start.

Will AGSC have a go at them as well?

I see they are trying to sell several thousand wild type and leucistic axolotls: If they don't change style you may get a lot of "Help I bought an axolotl from you and it's sick posts"

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I've given them specifics about my site.

In what way does it copy the AGSC? We should probably let them know, even though they offer almost nothing in the way of information to the non-scientific public. I very much miss the Indiana University Axolotl Colony. Oh well.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I thought their 'available animals' table looked very similar to one of theirs, but I might just be on a witch-hunt.

T

tylototriton

I have to agree Kaysie. Except for the fact that the AGSC has one additional genotype, the price list is verbatim.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
That's pretty minor. It's not like they ripped off the whole AGSC site...

oceanblue

Reaction score
I wondered if the embryo drawings on the russian development page were a breach of copyright ripped off from AGSC. At the moment most of the AGSC images do not download to my computer but the first is identical.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!