Question: Do I have eavery thing right? (tigers)

antcatcher11

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Joey
Ok, so I plan on getting a pair of tigers. I was wondering if I am missing anything important before I start my setup.

* 1 short and long rubbermaid container with a lid
* 2-3 inches of wet coconut fiber (wet)
* A layer of top soil (without fiterziler or anything right?)
* hiding spots made from pots, bark, and rocks
* a shallow water dish incase I forget to mist every morning (can a small paint roller work?)
* A plate or dish to place live food on (like earth worms) so they won't did into the dirt

So they should as varible diet as possible correct? So will earth worms dayly, crickets weekly, and meal worms dayly be alright or should it be different. What feeding scheldule do you have for your tigers? Thanks for the help in advance.

Just be sure your substrate isn't too wet. It should kind of hold together, but you shouldn't be able to squeeze water out of it.

Daily feeding is really overkill. I feed my tigers one large earthworm twice a week or so. Mealworms should be avoided. If you do feel it necessary to feed mealworms, they should be freshly moulted and decapitated.

So, live crickets for snacks I guess and feed large earth worms evey 3 days or so?

Sure. You can also feed wax worms and the occasional pinky mouse.

Sounds like you've done your research!:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back