glue, peat, water mixture...I am SO bad at this

rhynearson

Reaction score
Country
United States
I gave it my first go yesterday and attempted to use the 1/3 peat, water, and gorilla glue mix on a tank I am working on.

As this is my first attempt, I have no idea what I am doing!

I mixed the peat, water and glue together...it got really hard really quickly and stuck in clumps in my mixing bucket :(

-am I supposed to mix the peat and water and apply it to glue that has been spread on the tank?
-does the bubbliness of the glue ever disappear?

!!Help Please!! :)

And a little heads up for anyone else deciding to try their hand at this WEAR GLOVES!
Kayte

Are you putting this on the inside of the tank?

Is this going into a tank for Axolotls and what type of glue are you using?

With any of these concoctions, be sure to try it on a "test surface" (and let it dry) before actually trying it with a tank. Where did you hear that it was OK to use Gorilla Glue? I've never heard of putting this in an aquarium.

I actually think I got the fgorilla glue idea from this site...I'll go back and try to find the post.

I was just testing to see how this would work, and it seems to have dried pretty well..
It was supposed to have been a good top coat for great stuff, I don't think it would actually protect it from mositure though.

The tank isn't for anything in particular, just seeing what I could do. I want to have a vivarium with plants and moss, etc.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back