Photo: Moreton

sheila robinson

Reaction score
Country
Australia
These are the most recent photos of Moreton. I will post the photos of her tank after I redecorate it.

Moreton 021.jpg

Moreton 22.jpg

Moreton 23.jpg

I think Moreton is an albino - you can tell from the pink eyes. Leucistics have black eyes and develop little black spots on their faces, but I'm definitely not an expert so maybe somebody else can clarify.

The only green axolotls I know of are the dark spotty wild types - I've seen some that have dark green colourings. There are also some that have been genetically modified with green fluorescent protein so they glow green under a black light, if that's what you were thinking of.

Check this thread out if you're interested in the ones that glow.

Sheila, Moreton looks like a Queen draping herself over everything! I'd love to see pics of your new tank, I'm extra interested in set-ups atm as I'm in the process of sorting mine out.

Last edited:
I have heard of one - and my question was heading that way bc I got offered a green fluorescent protein axolotl... Are they worth $100?

I saw the video and it look nice - but I hope it doesn't have negative effect on the axolotl.

I think Moreton is an albino - you can tell from the pink eyes. Leucistics have black eyes and develop little black spots on their faces, but I'm definitely not an expert so maybe somebody else can clarify.

The only green axolotls I know of are the dark spotty wild types - I've seen some that have dark green colourings. There are also some that have been genetically modified with green fluorescent protein so they glow green under a black light, if that's what you were thinking of.

Check this thread out if you're interested in the ones that glow.

Sheila, Moreton looks like a Queen draping herself over everything! I'd love to see pics of your new tank, I'm extra interested in set-ups atm as I'm in the process of sorting mine out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back