worm in the fridge = troubles

diztorcion

Reaction score
Country
United States
hi everyone
i got a paddle tail prolly labiatus b some time ago and i've been feeding her blackworms, i bet all of you know blackworms need a cold environment but just resently my mom told me she doesn't want me to have that in my refrigerator without a bag and with a bag they will sofocate so can anyone tell me if it is ok to just throw all of them in the tank with the newt

Note from John: Not suitable for advanced topics. Moved to help section. Please be more careful with your topic selection in future.

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on how much blackworms you have. Can you estimate how much you have, perhaps in Tablespoons, or fractions of a cup? Adding too many blackworms to a tank (particularly a small one) can be disasterous for water quality.

Blackworms are a wonderful food but fortunately Pachytriton will accept a large variety of other items as well. If it does not work out with the blackworms then perhaps you could compromise and keep earthworms, which are usually stored in a sealed styrofoam container.
Chip

I understand what you're going through. I'm going through the same thing with my husband except mine are earthworms and trout worms. He's a scientist and freaks out about stuff like that in the fridge next to human food. Believe me, I tried reasoning that they couldn't escape their container but it's a no go. So, I suggested I get a small fridge to keep my food supply in which he accepted. I would suggest you ask your mom if that would work for her.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back