Transporting Axys 2 The Vets?!?!?!?!

axygirl20

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a vets appoitment on monday and am wondering how best to transport my axys. I have two and was told to bring both for comparison.
They will be traveling in bags which will be in a small plastic aquarium padded out with bubble wrap, i'll also be giving them a towel to go over the tank. I have pursuaded my mate to come with me so whilst i drive she can hold the tank for me.
If anybody has any other idea they would be most appreacheated (cant spell sorry)
Thanks

Your plan for transporting sounds very good.

Transport went as well as can be expected and the vets were very helpful with advice my baby boys are going to be fine. They didnt suffer with any signs of stress in fact i think that they rather like'd all the attention they were getting.

Your plan sounds good. Watch the temperature though, if its summer in where you are.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back