omfg i duno if ill

axolotlste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my axolotl has lost its gills and has white spots every where on its body is it ill??? its an albino and dosent eat no more!is it ill??what should i do??:confused::mad::angry:

Axo - please review the rules you agreed to when you signed up for this forum. You are breaking several of them already, and if this is not remedied, you will be getting some infractions very soon. See:
http://www.caudata.org/forum/forum_rules.htm
In particular, we do not tolerate "netspeak". You are in UK, so we assume you are able to use English better than you have so far. Also note the real name rule.

It's hard to say what's going on without a photo or a more detailed description. White spots often indicate a fungal infection, but it's also possible that the spots are some normal aspect of coloration.

This is a family friendly forum. "OMFG" is not an acceptable thing to use here.

I doubt if anyone will be able to diagnose what is ailing your axolotl without seeing it and also knowing all the particulars of it care and the animal's history. I would recommend isolating your pet, if it isn't already. Keep its water clean and hope for the best.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back