Shades of Autumn

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
The tension mounts in the boys tank as Jacq ambles along bucket in one hand and tub of pellets in the other. Will she drop the bucket on the floor (always a bad sign of 'renovatitis') or stow it somewhere and toss in some pellets instead? Looks are exchanged, desperate plans are formed...in go the pellets!

The smugness is amply expressed as they chomp on their meal and watch Jacq pick up the bucket again and head for the ladies tank.

The boys are grinning as their tank is spared. The girls are grimacing as renovation fever takes hold of their owner...again...tough luck girls! :rolleyes:

Finally the girl's tank looks presentable enough to take a few happy snaps of it! ;)
picture.php

Arwen (leucistic) says follow me! Leia (Melanoid) smaller than Arwen obeys as Aranae (Pure Black - don't know what these types are called) watches from on high.
picture.php

If you look closely, you'll see a nosey parker perched in her hidey crag above...
picture.php

Forgot the Ladder!
picture.php

And good night!
picture.php

Aw its lovely!!! I need to go find some red plants....

Sharon

I have that same tall plant. I use it to hide my filter intake pipe!

That looks great. You should get one of those fake minature pumpkins.;) Now you have me wanting to change my tank every season. Maybe a little snowman during winter.lol

Don't get too used to it people, she will have that different by the end of the week lol.....very nice Jacq.

Jacq, seasonal decorations now? :rolleyes:

Jacq, seasonal decorations now? :rolleyes:

Well why not? Some of Jacq's ideas have to work at some point right? They're not ALL totally insane after all. ;)

The boys in the big tank are not looking forward to my 'Spring Cleaning' plans Eva :uhoh:

Autumn for the girls, Spring for the boys, Winter for the younger boys (this tank is as a works in progress with no 'snowman' planned I'm afraid Oregan Newt - I'll keep you posted on the 'pumpkin' though ;)) and Summer...well Summer is approaching the land of Australia very quickly and I'm not going to honour this season with an aquarium tribute.

...Unless I move the fish to the pond outside and get more axies of course! Girls naturally.

Did I just say that?! :eek:

LOL Jacq, don't let them tease you! I used to decorate my bird cages by the season! I still tend to muck around with the axies when I can!

Sharon

lol birds schmirds, neurotic little spazzes. I couldn't have autumn foliage all over the place and spring green vines in their cages!!! but now they all live outside and get the natural change of scenery!!! LOL!

Sharon

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back