Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Parents, please don't do this!

antcatcher11

Reaction score
Ugh, so I came home with my FIRST progress report from my high school. I got 6 A's and 1 B in my 7 classes. I am taking an honors science class (not the B) and showed it to my parents. They read my grades put it down picked up my brother's and spent the next half hour yelling at him and all his C's and D's, and congratulated him on his 1 A. Then my parents had the nerve to yell at ME about my 85 and never said a word about my other 6 A's!!!!! :mad: What makes my A's worthless!

Sorry about the rant...

IanF

Reaction score
I understand what you mean, in fact my school once brought in a 'rewards program' for the 'ill behaved' kids who were good for a day or two. I was astonished with this as you don't actually see anyone whos good ALL the time being rewarded. However apparently child pychologists thought the program was a good idea. Shows what they know right?;)

antcatcher11

Reaction score
so they taught them that being bad then being good for a day will get you something you want! they really need to go back to school themselves...

IanF

Reaction score
Yes well luckily the minute about 50% of average pupils started misbehaving and getting low scores purposefully, they finally realised the average kid isn't quite so gullable. I found the while thing pretty funny really.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats on the grades! Impressive.

Boo on your parents. You can tell them I said so.

dane_zu

Reaction score
wow, I would slap my parents in the face if they did that to me, and I love my parents.

I hear about some of my friends parents being like this, I guess I'm lucky to have parents who understand that anything better then a D is good for them, just as long as my Grade Point Average doesn't droop below a 3.0.

caudatadude28

Reaction score
My parents wont tolerate anything lower than a B- and they dont like that. They said that I would be grounded off of all electronics for 9 weeks if I dont make the B honor role at a minumum. I understand that because I want college scholorships and stuff but parents dont always/usually understand a lot of things. At the moment I am getting B, B+, B+, A+, and an A.

mantighoul

Caudata.org Donor
Reaction score
When I was a young'un my parents did the same thing to me. I had one D in my life and they made me see counselors and what-not. Don't get too mad at them, parents do a lot of silly things. After they fully understood why I got the D they were less mad but still upset I couldn't overcome and just teach myself. They D was in second year Honors Latin, my teacher was retiring and ranted the whole class on boycotting the movie Dogma and why he refused to sing songs in church that were too "pagan" in content. Not really much about Latin or verb conjugation or anything related to class. If you are so used to getting A's and B's, anything lower may concern your parents you know, like "he always does well, is he sad/distracted/uninterested/etc. Most parents have good interests for their children eventhough they do not go about in a correct manner. Hey, being the student that gets C's and gets parised for the one A can be more detrimental. My sister still thinks she isn't smart as me because she got average grades and praised for that one A. She is damned smart. Grades are not everything. It is your work ethic an how you apply yourself. No one gives a **** when you get out of school what grades you got. Same with your parents in a way, it may not be about ABC or D but rather the work ethic and application of what you know, and since you are in advances classes there is more pressure to go the extra mile. They want to prepare you for the real world, not in the sense of meaningless numbers but working hard for a goal and accomplishing tasks effectively. Just don't forget to have fun for awhile. Heck, why you are grounded from electronics, read a good book and go out with friends, to shows, concerts, etc rather than spending all life on the interweb :)

Good luck dude, You can get through it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1