Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Meal worms and white worms

Sara88

Reaction score
Meal worms and white worms are these suitible for feeding to axolotls both adults and babies i am running out of worms in the garden and cant afford to buy them but im able to get meal worms and white worms

thanks

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Meal worms are a bit "crusty" and they are high in fat and low in calcium. An axolotl could probably survive on them for a time, but they aren't a food I would recommend.

Whiteworms are easy to grow, but they would be a bit too small for an adult axie (unless you have some sort of white worms that are different from the ones I know about).

How about a good quality pellet food for carnivores?

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Sara,

If I can just add, if you do feed an axolotl mealworms ensure you decapitate the mealworm as it has strong mandibles that can tear through the axolotl's internals.

Sara88

Reaction score
hi there thanks for the replys i wont be feeding my adult axies mealworms i was just wondering about them as a food. The white worms will be for me babys when they get a bit bigger they are about 30mm at the moment

thanks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!