Waterfall foam sealant

nckeeper

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have seen some people talk about this but wanted a more indepth discussion.
So I am thinking of using BECKETT's WATERFALL FOAM SEALANT...it is used for ponds and is safe for fish.
I would use this as a ground base. It would be covered in fiber/husk
the other use would be for it to act as a pool where i would have a plugged drain at the bottom
Like I said, I have looked for information everywhere and have not seen any negative talk about this one in particular since it is made for ponds and safe for fish
What is your thoughts, comments, concerns?

I've used black foam sealant, but a different brand. Lots of people have used Great Stuff for tank setups. The waterfall foam is basically the same, but black.

Do you think it needs to be sealed with something or its fine the way it is since its not the typical GREAT STUFF:confused:

I don't think it needs any extra sealant, because it, it's self is a sealant, and also Jen said she uses the same thing but a different brand.

Keep me posted. I failed at that DIY background method when I tried it.

will do, i plan to work on it this weekend and will attach a pic when finished

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back