breeding tigers via gonadatropin injections

paris

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Paris Reilley
I am having difficulty finding this data online, it may be hidden as a subtopic in a paper or in secondary literature. does anyone know of such and can point me to it? also, anyone know of neotenic populations in OK or TX-i need some for research and dont want to use bait tigers.

thanks
paris

To find population of neotonic Ambystoma in Texas and Oklahoma, you should contact the Departments of Natural Resources in these states. You are going to have to obtain permits anyway and they may have the location information you need.

Also, information on lab techniques may be obtained by contacting the author(s) in journal articles. If they are at a know teaching institute, their phone number or email address may be obtained from the school directory.

Here is a way to find some papers, I don't know if any of these are what you are looking for. Go to
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez
search for keywords such as
Ambystoma gonadotropin
and look at the oldest articles. I see some old ones that have info for breeding mexicanum. Might be useful.

Which brings up another question... if you need neotenic tigers, why not use axies? Does locality matter?

i got results in about 24 hours with LHRHa, giving 20ug per 10 g body-weight. administered IM, although it could have been done in lymph hearts...anyways, less than 24 hours later i have about 50 eggs. lets see if they are fertile.

bummer-all are duds. I guess the male will need separate staged injections.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back